by Chancellor Paul Coreil
Returning to LSUA for a second time as chancellor is a tremendous honor and privilege. Even though it is again on an interim basis (this time it’s a two year appointment), I am committed to doing everything I can to expand educational opportunities available to everyone living and working in Central Louisiana. LSU of Alexandria is an outstanding 4-year university within the LSU System committed to post-secondary educational advancement for everyone, whether it is a recent high school graduate or an adult already in the workforce. LSUA has been providing these great educational opportunities for almost 60 years! As the fall 2019 semester quickly approaches, our highly committed faculty and staff eagerly anticipate greeting students, including those considering enrolling for the first time and returning students, as well as welcoming visitors and parents seeking a quality university degree that will position a graduate for a successful career working in critical areas important to the economic well-being of our region. What an awesome privilege it is for all of us at LSUA to serve the wonderful people of Central Louisiana!
Exciting LSUA advances and ongoing career tracts include the following:
• New Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
• New Bachelor of Science Degree in Kinesiology
• 100% job placement in Radiation Technology and Medical Lab Technology
• Outstanding degree programs in nursing, education/teaching, psychology, chemistry, business administration, criminal justice, history, English, communications, mathematics, biology, world religions, long-term care administration/management, and clinical laboratory science/medical technology
• Average class size of 23 resulting in more personal interaction with professor/instructor
• Affordable tuition with low student debt at graduation
• More than 30 student organizations available for on-campus student engagement
• Outstanding on-campus athletic programs – 12 conference and regional championships and 9 NAIA national tournament appearances in past two years, including national runner-up in men’s basketball in 2018
With crucial support from our dedicated LSUA Foundation, more stable funding from our State Legislature, the loyal support provided by our state, parish and municipal leaders, we continue to be optimistic about the future and stand ready to build new workforce development partnerships with the business community across the region. As chancellor, my door is always open and I will continue to listen and seek new, innovative ideas and opportunities to improve the student experience that result in increased enrollment, university educational attainment and increased graduation rates across the board. In 2020, we will invite Central Louisiana to celebrate 60 years of success at LSUA and challenge everyone to help us build a stronger, student focused 4-year university that will be positioned to serve new and exciting career opportunities over the next 60 years!